Condtional
setence
Conditional Sentence
Conditional
sentence merupakan complex sentence (kalimat
kompleks) yang terdiri dari subordinate
clause berupa pernyataan unreal (tidak ada kemungkinan terwujud)
atau hypothetical (ada
kemungkinan terwujud) dan main
clause berupa result / consequence (hasil
/ konsekuensi). Penjelasan lebih lengkap dapat dilihat di If
Conditional Sentence.Pengertian Conditional Type 1
Conditional type 1 adalah kalimat pengandaian yang digunakan ketika result / consequence (hasil) dari condition (syarat) memiliki kemungkinan untuk terwujud karena condition-nya realistik untuk dipenuhi di masa depan.Rumus Conditional Type 1
Rumus kalimat pengandaian ini dapat dilihat pada tabel sebagai berikut di bawah ini.|
if
+ condition, result/consequence
|
|
if +
simple present, will + bare infinitive
|
atau rumus tanpa menggunakan koma:
|
result/consequence
+ if + condition
|
|
will
+ bare infinitive + if + simple present
|
Negatif if + condition
Rumus: if…not dapat digantikan dengan unless.Contoh Conditional Type 1
Beberapa contoh conditional type 1 dapat dilihat pada tabel di bawah ini.|
Kalimat
|
Contoh
conditional type 1 dengan koma
|
Contoh
conditional type 1 tanpa koma
|
|
(+)
|
If I have free time, I will go swimming.
|
I will go swimming if I have free time.
|
|
If the bell rings, I’ll go home.
|
I’ll go home if the bell rings.
|
|
|
(-)
|
If you do not finish your homework, your
teacher will be angry.
|
Your teacher will be angry if you do not
finish your homework.
|
|
If he doesn’t come, I won’t be angry.
|
I won’t be angry if he doesn’t come.
|
|
|
Unless he comes, I will not be angry.
|
I will not be angry unless he comes.
|
|
|
If he comes, I won’t be angry.
|
I won’t be angry if he comes.
|
|
|
(?)
|
If they invite you, will you come?
|
Will you come if they invite you?
|
- Pengertian, Rumus,
dan Contoh Conditional Type 3
- Pengertian, Rumus,
dan Contoh Kalimat Zero Conditional
- If
Conditional Sentence
- Pengertian, Rumus,
dan Contoh Conditional Type 2
- Pengertian, Rumus, dan
Contoh Simple Future Tense
This entry was posted in Conditional type 0, 1, 2,
3.
TYPE2.PRESENT CONDITIONAL
Present Continuous Tense juga
disebut Present Progressive Tense
adalah bentuk waktu yang digunakan untuk menyatakan suatu perbuatan,
keadaan atau peristiwa yang sedang terjadi pada saat dibicarakan.
CATATAN
Pada penggunaan Present Continuous Tense kata kerja yang digunakan harus
diakhiri dengan -ing / (Verb + ing).
Bentuk waktu Present Continuous Tense
menggunakan jenis "TO BE 1".
Rumus dan
Contoh Kalimat Present Continuous Tense
|
+
|
Subject + To be 1 + (Verb + ing) +
Object
|
|
-
|
Subject + To be 1 + NOT + (Verb +
ing) + Object
|
|
?
|
To be 1 + Subject + (Verb + ing) + Object ?
|
|
?
|
Question Word + To be 1 +
Subject + (Verb + ing) +
Object ?
|
Contoh :
|
+
|
We
are studying now.
|
|
-
|
We
are not (aren't) studying now.
|
|
?
|
Are you studying now?
Jawaban: Yes I am, atau I, am not
|
|
?
|
What are you doing?
Jawaban: I am studying now
Who is studying English?
Jawaban: She is studying English
|
Keterangan
waktu untuk Present Continuous Tense yang digunakan adalah:
Now, at present, right now, at
the morning, this afternoon, this morning, today, nowdays, for the time
being and so on.
PAST CONDITIONAL
RUMUS
* [If / When
... Simple Past ..., ... Simple Past ...]
* [... Simple Past... if / when ... Simple Past ...]
* [... Simple Past... if / when ... Simple Past ...]
PENGGUNAAN
Past Real
Conditional menggambarkan apa yang biasanya Anda lakukan dalam waktu tertentu
di situasi nyata kehidupan Anda. Hal ini menjelaskan bahwa kebiasaan Anda tadi
telah berubah dan Anda biasanya tidak lakukan akhir-akhir ini.
Contoh:
* If I went
to a friend’s house for dinner, I usually took a bottle of wine or some
flowers. I don’t do that anymore.
* When I had a day off from work, I often went to the beach. Now, I never get time off.
* If the weather was nice, she often walked to work. Now, she usually drives.
* Jerry always helped me with my homework when he had time. But he doesn’t do that anymore.
* A: What did you usually do when it rained?
B: I usually stayed at home.
* When I had a day off from work, I often went to the beach. Now, I never get time off.
* If the weather was nice, she often walked to work. Now, she usually drives.
* Jerry always helped me with my homework when he had time. But he doesn’t do that anymore.
* A: What did you usually do when it rained?
B: I usually stayed at home.
CATATAN
Bentuk “used
to” menggambarkan suatu ide bahwa sesuatu yang merupakan kebiasaan lama telah
berhenti dan tidak lagi dilakukan di masa lalu. Bentuk ini bisanya digunakan
dalam kalimat Past Real Conditional untuk menekankan bahwa dulunya itu adalah
kebiasaan.
Contoh:
* If I went
to a friend’s house for dinner, I used to take a bottle of wine or some
flowers. I don’t do that anymore.
* When I had a day off from work, I used to go to the beach. Now, I never get time off.
* If the weather was nice, she used to walk to work. Now, she usually drives.
* Jerry used to help me with my homework when he had time. But he doesn’t do that anymore.
* A: What did you usually do when it rained?
B: I used to stay at home.
* When I had a day off from work, I used to go to the beach. Now, I never get time off.
* If the weather was nice, she used to walk to work. Now, she usually drives.
* Jerry used to help me with my homework when he had time. But he doesn’t do that anymore.
* A: What did you usually do when it rained?
B: I used to stay at home.
If / When
“if” dan
“when” digunakan dalam Past Real Conditional. “if” digunakan untuk menjelaskan
tentang suatu perkerjaan atau aktivitas yang jarang terjadi di masa lampau.
Sedangkan “when” digunakan untuk menjelaskan suatu aktivitas dulunya sering
terjadi.
Contoh:
* When I had
a day off from work, I usually went to the beach.
* I regularly had days off from work.
* If I had a day off from work, I usually went to the beach.
* I rarely had days off from work.
* I regularly had days off from work.
* If I had a day off from work, I usually went to the beach.
* I rarely had days off from work.
Past Unreal
Conditional
RUMUS
* [If ...
Past Perfect ..., ... would have + past participle ... ]
* [... would have + past participle ... if ... Past Perfect ...]
* [... would have + past participle ... if ... Past Perfect ...]
PENGGUNAAN
Past Unreal
Conditional digunakan untuk membicarakan situasi yang menjadi imajenasi di masa
lampau.
Contoh:
* If I had
owned a car, I would have driven to work. But I didn’t own one, so I took the
bus.
* She would have traveled around the world if she had had more money. But she didn’t have much money, so she never traveled.
* I would have read more as a child if I hadn’t watched so much TV. Unfortunately, I did watch a lot of TV, so I never read for entertainment.
* Mary would have gotten the job and moved to Japan if she had studied Japanese in school instead of French.
* If Jack had worked harder, he would have earned more money. Unfortunately, he was lazy and he didn’t earn much.
* A: What would you have done if you had won the lottery last week?
B: I would have bought a house.
* A: What city would you have chosen if you had decided to move to the United States?
B: I would have chosen Seattle.
* She would have traveled around the world if she had had more money. But she didn’t have much money, so she never traveled.
* I would have read more as a child if I hadn’t watched so much TV. Unfortunately, I did watch a lot of TV, so I never read for entertainment.
* Mary would have gotten the job and moved to Japan if she had studied Japanese in school instead of French.
* If Jack had worked harder, he would have earned more money. Unfortunately, he was lazy and he didn’t earn much.
* A: What would you have done if you had won the lottery last week?
B: I would have bought a house.
* A: What city would you have chosen if you had decided to move to the United States?
B: I would have chosen Seattle.
Penggunaan
“If”
“if”
digunakan dalam Past Unreal Conditional sedangkan “when” tidak dapat digunakan
dalam bentuk ini.
Contoh:
* I would
have bought that computer when it had been cheaper. Not Correct
* I would have bought that computer if it had been cheaper. Correct
* I would have bought that computer if it had been cheaper. Correct
Conditional
Dengan Modal Verbs
Perhatikan
bentuk Modals dalam Conditional di bawah ini:
1. would
have + can = could have
2. would have + shall = should have
3. would have + may = might have
2. would have + shall = should have
3. would have + may = might have
Kata “can,”
“shall” dan “may” tidak dapat digunakan dengan “would have.”
Contoh:
* If I had
gone to Egypt, I could have learned Arabic.
* If she had had time, she might have gone to the party.
* If she had had time, she might have gone to the party.
Kata
“could,” should,” “might” dan “ought to” sudah termasuk dalam Conditional, jadi
tidak perlu Anda gabungkan dengan “would have.”
Contoh:
* If I had
had more time, I could have exercised after work.
* If he had invited you, you might have gone.
* If he had invited you, you might have gone.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar